Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Review & Lip Swatch: Lipstick Queen in Medieval

Before the Fall season officially began, I was on the hunt for some fall trend lipstick shades.  I already knew that I wanted to make one of my purchases from a brand I had never tried before.  I came across Lipstick Queen and decided to try Medieval based off the website photo and description "this is the red that anyone can wear".  This shade looked like a beautiful deep red that I thought I would definitely fall in love with.  Unfortunately, it was anything but love for me.

Medieval goes on smooth and silky however the color payoff lacks even though it is described correctly as "divinely transparent".  I didn't think it would be that transparent.  This isn't what I was expecting at all and because of the price point, it is just not in me to keep a lip product that sheer, especially when I was expecting a different color.  If I was in the market for a sheer red, then this would be a different story.  I don't blame the brand or description at all for my lack of love for this product and I'm sure there are other items from this brand that are great.

With that said, here are some pictures of what it looks like on me.  This color payoff is with approximately 3-4 layers.  If you are looking for a "wearable" red then you may want to look into this.  By the way, I do have to say that I love the packaging, more specifically the color - gorgeous!






I want to know..have you tried anything from the brand Lipstick Queen?  This lipstick shade didn't scare me away, I will definitely be trying more from this line and will report back when I do.  Let me know your thoughts down below.  You know I love hearing from you! :)

Where to find:  Ulta, Nordstrom, anywhere else Lipstick Queen is sold
Price:  $22

Thanks for spending time with me today!

XX, P

3 comments:

  1. Love this color, looking beautiful as always girlie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok this lipstick looks amazing on you, like cherry stained lips :) I haven't tried any Lipstick Queen before I keep seeing them like in the corner of my eye and thinking I must take a look but then I forget lol right its on my list of to do! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your glasses!! Could you tell me what brand they are please!

    ReplyDelete