Friday, March 7, 2014

Fitness Friday - How I Did On Week 2 (first full week)

Hello friends!

This was my first full week making more of an effort to watch what I put in my mouth and get my body moving.  As I write this, I am currently drinking my breakfast: Spinach, Kale, raspberries, blueberries and one banana-delish!  Anyway, the week had a few lows but mostly some highs and that's really what I need to focus on although I need to be aware of what I need to work on-for sure.  At the very end are my weigh in results.

So my goals last week were:
  • Start the day reading and reciting something motivational (book, quote, etc.)
  • Drink water & no soda or juice 
  • Exercise for 40 minutes Monday - Friday
  • Track my food on My Fitness Pal
How I did:

  • The one thing I heard, wrote down and recited this past week was "Push through - You are stronger than you think".  This was said by my fellow friend Michele on YT (her channel is: makeupMLC).  She shared some weigh loss advice and toward the end she said this which seems simple, but for me is so powerful.  
  • I definitely focused on drinking water although last night we had Burger King for dinner and I ordered a half coke, half diet coke which is progress.  
  • I skipped my Tuesday workout but did 35 min. Mon.,  / 15 min. wed. (went right before gym closed) plus strength training (arms&back), / 40 min., Thur. plus s.t. (legs) and today and tomorrow I will be back at the gym.  Today and tomorrow I'll do another 40 min. with arms & back today and legs tomorrow.  So I didn't stick to exactly what I wanted but again..progress.
  • Fail. Let's just be honest..I tracked for only a day and a half.
Next weeks goals are going to be the same but continue adding in strength training.  Oh and here I am last night ready to tackle leg machines and then the elliptical for my cardio.  Christina's "Fighter" helped me get through my workout. :) 





Some things I did that helped make this week easier for me was prepping my food and smoothies.  I went grocery shopping early this week and bought some prepped salads and split them in two for a meal alone or as an appetizer to accompany my lunch or dinner.  I also split baby carrots and cherry tomatoes into snack size bags.  The other prepping I did was make pre-measured juicing/smoothie bags and freeze them.  I took them out 30 min. prior to making and it was so easy to blend, didn't take any time at all.  Here are some pics I took.
Prepped Juicing / Smoothie Bags
 One large prepped salad - I bought 3 different ones and split them into two making a total of 6 salads
 This is one salad split into two, one is almost too much
 Four Salads later and prepped snack bags


 Overall, I think I did good.  I definitely could have increased my cardio BUT the week isn't over for me yet.

Today's weigh in: exactly -2 lbs.  (wish it was more but I will gladly take a loss over a gain)

I hope you got to eat something healthy this week or got your body moving!  Share your tips or thoughts below!

XO, P

No comments:

Post a Comment